International Walk to School Month – also known as IWALK or Walktober – is a global celebration of active school travel. Students are encouraged to walk, bike, or wheel their way to school and participate in school activities that promote active transportation.
To join the movement, schools can register their participation and families can share their photos/videos of the active school journey on social media. All participating schools, classrooms, and families will be entered to win gift cards! See below for further contest and prize details.
Here are our top five ways to get your walk on during IWALK:
- Walk or Wheel your Way to School
- Explore your Neighbourhood with a Scavenger Hunt
- Travel Across Canada with the On Your Feet Challenge
- Travel Across Canada with @ParticipACTION app and the #GreatBigMove
- Lead a Group Walk
- Organize a Walk to School Day
To read more and get the details on these ideas and more visit International Walk to School Month – Ontario Active School Travel